Monday, April 28, 2014

Spring Is HERE!

How do we know its finally Spring?
The traffic that makes us crazy....

Well there are two types of traffic here in Currituck
The first type that is loud, frustrating and racing through the county along 168/158.

Then there is an all together different type of traffic that everyone - even those who don't live here - should respect ((if not greatly appreciate)).

I know it is finally spring when I hear the fields surrounding my home come to life with preparation for the season and hard work. Maybe I'm a little nostalgic, but I don't mind getting stuck behind farm equipment - at least I'm sitting in traffic because someone's working hard instead of stuck behind everyone going on vacation.

Don't get me wrong - I am aware of and appreciate the fact that our county welcomes out of town visitors each year, which affords tourist industry funds and helps support our economy...

But at the end of the day; I would much rather sit behind a big red tractor than a never ending line of out of state plates. Be kind to those working the fields and be courteous when driving. We may not be "on their vacation" but we can still make the best of it.

Here's to a safe Spring and Summer Season ~~~
Spring field prep, April 2014. S Currituck Road.


No comments:

Post a Comment